Sustainability Committee, a Quantum Leap for FENC Corporate Sustainability
In 2020, FENC demonstrated its unwavering determination to implement sustainable management by establishing Sustainability Committee and Sustainability Committee Charter. The Company also revamped the framework of sustainability organization and management policy.
Sustainability Management Policy
Keeping in line with international trends, governmental requirements and corporate sustainability guidelines, FENC established Sustainability Principles, which was amended in 2020. Key points are as follows:
- FENC shall establish Sustainability Committee and Sustainability Implementation Committee to implement internal sustainability practice.
- Determine the scope of disclosure on corporate sustainability.
- Conduct risk assessments on stakeholder and sustainability issues based on materiality principle to manage risks and impacts on economy, environment and society.
- The principles are effective immediately upon Board approval, and will be presented during the shareholder meeting. Amendment of the principles shall follow the same procedure.
Communication on sustainability performance
- Sustainability Committee Meeting
The President of Administrative Headquarters as the convener of Sustainability Implementation Committee, members of Sustainability Team and other appointees by members of Sustainability Committee shall present sustainability performance from the previous year as well as the goal for the coming year during the meeting.
- Annual External Communication
FENC publishes FENC Sustainability Report annually. Members of Sustainability Implementation Committee are responsible for presenting the annual performance. Sustainability Team from Corporate Staff Office are responsible for data analysis, tabulation and internal audit. Once completed, the report goes through third party verification for credibility check and requires approval from the Board and high-level executives.
- Regular External Communication
All units are responsible for communicating with stakeholders regarding sustainability guidelines and performance.